Thursday, September 27, 2007

Long Vacation

I haven't really been on vacation for a month, although I did take a long break from blogging. The past month has been a whirlwind of activity--from visiting family to a Las Vegas trip to an extremely busy job. So I have been left slightly reeling, especially in regard to work which has left me exhausted.

It has been a fun month though. We hit all the fun spots with our family, including Yosemite which was very beautiful. Las Vegas was fun, albeit expensive and smokey (yikes!). Photos to come (as soon as I can sort though them).

I've also taken a break from knitting somewhat, partly from being too busy and also just a small needed change of pace. Of course, that didn't last too long, and for the last 2 days I've been obsessed with a new project--please ignore all the unfinished ones:)


It is the Buttony Sweater and will be perfect for fall, which is strangely the warmest time of year here. I finally got my invite to Ravelry, which is where I saw a few versions of it. I even had the perfect yarn! It is progressing quickly, so I'm loving that.

I'm also loving Ravelry so far. I haven't had a chance to enter many projects yet, but I have spent a lot of time checking out everyone's FOs and finding lots of new patterns to knit. It is so cool to see all those knitters in one place, too. There sure are a lot of us!

5 comments:

Macoco said...

Sounds like a great month! I've always wanted to visit Vegas :)

I love that sweater! I hadn't seen that pattern before. It's going to look great in the color you chose.

amanda said...

Welcome back!
Buttony sweater is about #5 in my queue now. I have my yarn picked out and everything!

Lolly said...

I just love it!

So Much Fun said...

Oh that buttony sweater looks so cool, I love that color on you too! Can't wait to see it. And a break from knitting and blogging is always allowed, but know that you are missed!

Beatriz said...

Great looking sweater for that yarn!