Center Square by Knitty.com
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool
Needles: US11 DPNs
Mods: none
I'm very happy with how this turned out, much better than I expected with my first fair-isle project. I think I did a fairly good job of maintaining even tension, although it was tricky with the DPNs.
My one problem with this hat is that it is too long. My gauge was off, and this was the unfortunate result. It is still wearable, although it's a bit large on me it fits my husband (the reluctant model). I may try to shrink it down a bit with some hot water.
Speaking of water, when the hat was finished I soaked it with a little detergent. This yarn has a really strong wet dog smell when wet... ugh. I think it needs another really good soak to get rid of that.
All in all, a great pattern. I would definitely recommend this as a first project for someone who wants to try fair-i
In other knitting news, I've joined the new Hourglass Knit-along. I started this sweater many months ago, but it was deserted as I became more excited about other projects. I'm hoping this will kick start me into finishing it.
3 comments:
Great job!!! It looks great....and I love the hourglass.....I have that book, it has been on my list of things "to do"! :)
The hat looks great!!! I'm blocking my hourglass sweater right now :) and it made my apartment smell like wet dog/sheep as well. Yuck!
Such a lovely hat. And I know what you mean about the smell of wet wool (YUCK!). It nearly turns my stomach each time I have to handwash my woolens.
BTW: I LOVE those cupcakes. They're so sweet.
Post a Comment