Pattern: Buttony from OhMyStars
Yarn: GGH Savanna
I am so happy this sweater is finished. When I first began this, way back in September, I intended for it to be a quick project that would only take a few weeks to finish. The body flew by, but then I got to the sleeves. By that point, all the stockinette was getting a little dull. So it sat. I finally finished the knitting in early December, but then I was faced with all those buttons!
So I finally got my act together, and I'm very glad I did. It is warm and cozy, albeit a bit Flash Dancey in the neckline. The perfect sweater for just hanging out and relaxing in.
I think it looks cute with a few buttons open, too...
I made a couple small modifications--adding some waist shaping and length to the body, and also working fewer decreases in the sleeves for more of a straight effect. Overall, I'm very happy with it.
Last week I began a quick project in preparation for my upcoming trip to the very snowy Midwest...
Pattern: Le' Slouch by Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic (pattern is on side bar)
Yarn: Karabella Soft Tweed
This was such a quick and fun project. It only took two nights to knit--gotta love that. The yarn is very nice. I think I have enough leftover to make some fingerless mitts, too. We'll see.
Hopefully, this will help to keep me warm on our trip. I'm starting to get very worried about the cold. When I first moved to San Francisco (almost a year ago now) I thought the weather here was very mild. I saw people wearing winter coats, scarves, hats, etc. in May, and I thought they were crazy. Then I adjusted to the weather, and now I'm one of those crazy people!
So I'm not sure I can handle January in the Midwest anymore! I am looking forward to the snow though:)
Happy New Year! I'm wishing everyone has a year filled with lots of joy and peace.
5 comments:
Happy New Year!
Beautiful FOs!!!! I love Buttony. What a great, versatile color. And it looks amazing on you. Your mods really worked out well.
Enjoy the cold midwest - you'll adjust back, don't worry :)
Le Slouch is very flattering on you...stay warm in the Midwest and enjoy the snow!
Happy New Year, G!! great knits! your Buttony fits so well and looks great on you. I love the hat too. Stay warm :)
The buttony looks great on you! I really like the neutral colors.
What a great sweater! I always get stuck on the sleeves too. Cute LeSlouch too! Have a great new year, I am still stuck on how cute that sweater is on you, perfectly fitted i might add!
Post a Comment