Yesterday was a really fun day and my birthday. I got up early and went to a local bakery, where I had my favorite, a cheese roll. So good, but not very healthy, I'm sure. From there I walked over to the Japanese Tea Garden. I have been meaning to visit for weeks, but just haven't made it.
It was so beautiful and peaceful. I love it! It was pretty crowded for a weekday morning, but not too bad.
In the afternoon I decided to check out a local yarn store. What a great store! There was so much yarn of all types stacked from floor to ceiling. They had all of my favorites and lots more to try. I had a some birthday money (thanks to Joel's mom and grandmother!), so I picked up a few things.
Cascade 220: 2 skeins of the lighter color and 1 of the darker. The colors are a little off here, but you get the idea. This is for the two-toned ribbed shrug in Fitted Knits.

Three skeins of Noro Silk Garden. The colors are off here, too. This is for More Stripes from the latest Knitty. There is quite a bit of orange in this colorway. I'm not really a big orange fan, but I think it goes well with the other colors.

I've already cast on for the shrug--not a very exciting photo! I have a bunch of works in progress right now... maybe too many.
I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my husband. We went out for some drinks and dinner... the perfect way to end the day.
Three skeins of Noro Silk Garden. The colors are off here, too. This is for More Stripes from the latest Knitty. There is quite a bit of orange in this colorway. I'm not really a big orange fan, but I think it goes well with the other colors.
I've already cast on for the shrug--not a very exciting photo! I have a bunch of works in progress right now... maybe too many.
I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my husband. We went out for some drinks and dinner... the perfect way to end the day.
3 comments:
Belated Happy Birthday!
Those are gorgeous pictures. I found your blog from Lolly's photo collage. You have some awesome FOs!
Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you had a great day.
Happy belated birthday!!
Post a Comment