Monday, May 14, 2007

Taking It All In

After a couple weekends devoted to watching Footballer's Wives (which devolves pretty quickly from fun/trashy to just plain stupid), our last few weekends have been spent enjoying our new city and surrounding areas. Last weekend we tried some new restaurants and went to our favorite local bakery. Yum!

We also went to Moss Beach, which was really interesting. During low tide you can walk out on the reef--we saw lots of hermit crabs, plants, mussels and one star fish. Sea lions also hang out there. By the time we turned around and started heading back toward our car, the tide was really high. We went around a corner and there were about 20 of them on the beach within about 50 feet of us. That is the closest I will probably ever come to a sea lion. It was a little scary!

I've made some progress on my scarf...


I'd say it's about half done, maybe a little less. It's actually a fast moving project--when I'm knitting on it that is! I should be able to wear this year round with the cool weather we have here. As summer approaches, it seems to be getting cooler. So strange!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Carls said...

I have a dear friend who moved from Minnesota to your neck of the woods, and she claims she's never been so cold in her life. Enjoy your lovely scarf!

a friend to knit with said...

love the hot pink scarf.......I remember those cold summers when I lived in San Fran.........great coffee weather! :)

Macoco said...

Beautiful scarf - I really like that picture too.

I would have been terrified of being so close to the sea lions. :)