Friday, May 04, 2007

Up Next...

I've never been much of a swatcher. I do swatch, but I usually only knit a couple of inches, and that's it. Swatching is one of my least favorite parts of knitting, mostly because I become very impatient to start the project. Needless to say, I never block my swatches as many people recommend... until now.

I'm working on a silk lace scarf, and I knew that I wouldn't get a good idea of the end result without doing a proper swatch. So I knit a little more than usual (still not a full 4 inches though!) and then blocked it. You can really tell the difference between what's on the needles and what the end result will be. As you can see, I need to practice my blocking technique. It's a little wonky!

This is my first lace project, and it's really simple. I hope I don't make too many mistakes though, because I really hate ripping back when yarn-overs are involved.

I also picked up some yarn to make the U-Neck Vest from Fitted Knits. I've wanted to make a vest for a while, and I think this will be a good pattern. The yarn is Cascade 222 Quattro, and it's really pretty. It's not quite as bright as in the photo.

This (and all the other projects I have going!) should keep me busy for a while.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

I have been knitting for a very long time, and can maybe count on one hand how many times that I have swatched! :) I hate it!

The lace pattern is beautiful....
Good girl doing a swatch! :)

Ahhh! Love the u neck from fitted knits.....you WILL be busy for a while!