Friday, June 08, 2007

Yarn, Yarn Everywhere!

Even though my stash is threatening to overtake our second bedroom, I could resist picking up some new yarn recently.


Some lovely Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted. I LOVE this yarn, so I couldn't resist picking up more! I may make another pair of cabled footies, but I'm also looking for other patterns.


Frog Tree Alpaca in sport weight. I had originally imagined this yarn as a pair of Endpaper Mitts, but I don't think it's the right weight. We'll see...


Malabrigo Lace. This yarn is SO soft! The actual color is a bit darker--it's a mix of dark red, deep pink and a touch of orange. I'm thinking this will become a Trellis Scarf (pattern in Spring 2006 Interweave Knits). This pattern includes a "Knit 7 together" stitch. Hmm...


And finally, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed. This is destined to become a Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan. This pattern never really appealed to me... until I saw this version.

We are off to Monterey tomorrow morning to celebrate my husband's birthday. He is turning the big 3-2 soon. We are both becoming firmly entrenched in our 30s, but I like the fact that he will always be a little older than me:)

5 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

Nice additions to the stash room! :)

Hope you two had a wonderful weekend...happy birthday to your hubby!

amanda said...

Great stash enhancements! Enjoy your day in Monterey.

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Yummo! Those are totally worth taking over the entire house for! And that cardigan is going to be stunning!

magnusmog said...

Hmmmm, more yarn. How could that ever be a bad thing. The silky tweed is especially tempting :)

Beatriz said...

I just bought some Silky Tweed...will check back to see your Not So Shrunken Cardigan. It looks like the perfect project/yarn match.