Earlier this week, I picked up a copy of the new book The Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for All Seasons. I have one of their other books, and I've been waiting for this one to come out. This new book has a lot of really cute patterns. I like reading the stories that accompany each pattern, as well.
After looking through the book a few times, I started to wonder if I had any yarn I could use for any of the patterns. (I also started searching the internet for some of the yarns they used, but thankfully I restrained myself!) I had a skein of Cascade 220 leftover from the Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug I made a while ago, and it seemed like it would be a good fit for "Becoming the Bag Lady", a cabled bag.
On size 8 needles, this is moving very quickly. I finished the front in about a night and a half. Tonight, I'm starting the back. Cables are so much fun to knit, especially simple ones like these that don't require too much concentration.
I'm not sure how practical a purple, handknit bag will be, but I'm loving the instant gratification!
4 comments:
The pattern is really nice. I like the purple yarn. Can't wait to see it finished.
Practical schmactical, it will be cute!
Thanks for the info on the book. I saw a picture of the cover and like the red cardigan on it.
This looks so beautiful!
Like the others, can't wait to see it finished!
Post a Comment