I also did some knitting...

1. Buttony 2, 2. Le' Slouch, 3. Waterfall Scarf, 4. Birdy Buddy Bag, 5. Basket Weave Rib Socks, 6. Diagonal Rib Socks - Complete!, 7. A Sweater For All Ages 2, 8. Silk Lace Scarf from Stitch and Bitch Calendar, 9. Dashing Complete!, 10. Elfish Toes, 11. Two-tone Ribbed Shrug Back, 12. Yarn Detail, 13. Center Square, 14. Cupcakes, 15. Camisole Tube, 16. Cables in Chamonix--Complete!, 17. Finished Garter Scarf, 18. Sunkist Cardi, 19. Unbiased, 20. My First Socks
I learned to knit when I was in high school, and have picked it up off and on since then. It's only really been in the past couple of years though, that I've really stuck with it. I feel like I've really learned a lot in the past year, which is really exciting to me.
Over the next year, I'd like work on some knits with more complex textures--I'm loving cables right now--and also do some colorwork. I'm also hoping that I find a little more time to spend actually knitting--sometimes I think I spend more time thinking about knitting than actually doing it. That should help reduce my ever-growing stash, too!
Our trip to the Midwest is almost here. We are leaving for Chicago Saturday morning. I'm very excited to be headed back there, as I have been really homesick lately. Joel keeps telling that I won't miss it as much once I feel the cold--we shall see:)
After a couple days in Chicago we are heading to Wisconsin to visit family, and then we are going to Iowa for my sister's wedding. I can't wait to see everyone, and as you can see, I'm going to have a lot of driving/plane time for knitting. Now I just have to decide what projects to bring!
See you in a week!
5 comments:
A great summary of 2007 for you. BTW, how did you create that picture mosaic? Hope you have/are having a great trip!
Wow! Look at all of your projects! Awesome year for knitting! Have a great trip!
Wow what a productive year you've had! All the knitting looks great.
I too was missing the snowy wintery weather of the mid- west having moved from Mpls. to Austin. I'll be in New Mexico next month, and think I'll get my fill of cold and snow.
oh my goodness, your stuff is SO incredible! i really hope you are selling some of it on etsy. :)
WoW! What a fantastic load of projects you did! I'm venturing into the world of knitting again...but i've done this so many times before and then I run for the hills. I'm an embroidery type character really...i just have to knit socks in 2008. Just one pair!
Post a Comment