Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Monkey Off My Back!

OK, I couldn't resist the totally cheesy title after my last post about unfinished knits. Anyway, one FO down, and a bunch more to go...


Pattern: Monkey Socks from Knitty
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM

I loved knitting these socks! The pattern was so easy to remember and the eleven row repeat just seemed to fly by, which made it feel like things were progressing quickly. I never even got bored--a first for me. I highly recommend this pattern to anyone who hasn't knit it yet.

This shot is closest to the actual color.

Of course, I also loved the yarn. The colors of Koigu are just so pretty. I can see an addiction forming (I picked up a new colorway just last weekend).

My only modification was to knit only four pattern repeats on the cuff, since I was worried about running out of yarn. I ended with just enough yarn leftover that I might have had enough for another repeat, but you never know. Better safe than sorry is my sock knitting motto!


I actually finished these on Sunday--well in time for the end of the month deadline for Sock of the Month. Yeah! It's taken me since then to get some decent pictures. I've taken a crazy amount of photos, most of which turned out quite blurry. There are just not enough sunny hours in the day at this time of year. One more reason to look forward to spring!

3 comments:

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Horay! Look at those stunning socks! Nice work, I can't say enough about how much I love that colorway!

Beatriz said...

Wow! Those are so beautiful...I love the colorway you picked out to knit Monkey socks.

a friend to knit with said...

i know i told you over on flickr how much i loved these, but i just had to come over and see what you had to say.
i love them. the colors are fabulous!