Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sock of the Month: It's a Monkey!

One of the most enjoyable parts of my recent trip (aside from visiting family and friends, of course!) was all the time I had to knit. There was plane time, car time and even a little downtime at our destinations.

I brought along a few projects, but only worked on one--a new sock. I cast on shortly before takeoff and never wanted to put it down.


This is my first Monkey sock, which I was able to finish before the end of the trip. I had high hopes of getting a good start on the other sock on the plane trip home, but that was not to be (never get sick on a plane!!!).

I have managed to finish about half of the other sock though, and hopefully, by the end of the weekend I will have a pair. I'm hoping to contribute these to the Sock A Month KAL, so that is my motivation to finish.

I joined this group with some reservations, since I have a tendency to get bored and not finishing things until much later. I think I should be OK for the first couple months though. I already have a languishing Snicket, so I should be in good shape for February at least. After that it may be all bulky slipper socks though!

5 comments:

amanda said...

Very cute sock - I like the colors. Good luck with the KAL - it will probably motivate you not to get bored with the WIPs!

a friend to knit with said...

i do love that monkey!
and a kal to help motivate is a great thing. really pushes you along.
i wish i could find one for my tangled yoke! :)

Macoco said...

Your Monkey is so pretty. I like that pinkish/purple in there.

Jen Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I think I'll have to add this project to my queue! Thanks for the tip!

Sabrina Hirsch said...

What a lovely monkey! That colorway is phenomenal!