Thursday, March 05, 2009

Still Around

Yikes... it has been almost two months since I last posted. Time goes by so quickly. It's a little scary sometimes.

All is well here. I decided after the New Year, that I was going to stop making excuses and start eating healthier and exercising... and I have been. I've always been a somewhat healthy eater, but I think I lost sight of what a normal portion size is, and we eat out a ton. So I've been cutting back on both and exercising a lot. It has really paid off, but it has been taking up a lot of time, especially during the week. So that is excuse #1 for not blogging!

I've also been in kind of a knitting funk. I'm not sure why but I just didn't have the urge to do any knitting for a while there. Lately, I've started a few new projects, and that's helped. Here's evidence that I've been doing a little knitting...


It's the Montego Bay Scarf from Interweave Knits. This is the perfect thing to knit while watching TV--not the most exciting pattern ever, but very easy to follow. I'm using the called for yarn, Handmaiden Sea Silk, which is amazing. So soft, light and silky.

I've been working on a few other things too, so hopefully I will something else to show you soon!


P.S. If anyone is interested, I highly recommend checking out SparkPeople. It's online tool for tracking your diet and exercise, plus much more. Both my husband and I use it, and it has been super helpful.

P.P.S. A couple people have emailed me knitting related questions. If you are reading this, I promise I will try to get back to you soon.

3 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

oh yes. exercising takes up a lot of time! but the feeling is always well worth it.
i love the montego bay scarf pattern.

Beatriz said...

Yes, I hear you! Exercising needs to be a priority in my life. I'm still here and knitting too, but trying to make healthy living the first priority. Good luck!

Affordable Insurance said...

I love the montego bay scarf pattern.