Friday, March 09, 2007

Mmm...

Apart from knitting, one of my favorite things to do is cook. I love to try new recipes or concoct my own dishes. Last night I made something new--Lasagna Soup. I saw a link for this on someone's blog a while ago (unfortunately, I don't remember who) and bookmarked it.

It turned out very well, evidenced by the fact that Joel ate half the pot. I substituted veggie sausage for the Italian sausage since I don't eat meat. I think you could cut that out all together and just add more vegetables, like zucchini or mushrooms, instead. Anyway, it was delicious!

Another new recipe I made yesterday was Instant Chai Mix, found on the Knitting Nurse's website. Chai is one of my favorite drinks, so I had to try that. It was very simple to make, tastes great, and is better than other recipes I've tried. Now I can have some whenever I wish.

In knitting news: I've started a new pattern, the Camisole Tube from Stephanie Japel. To say that this has been frustrating is an understatement. It's not that the pattern is difficult. I just made a lot of really stupid mistakes, and had to restart 3 times. Ugh. When I finally cast on the third and final time, I accidentally cut the wrong yarn--the one that was attached to the ball! There was no way I was casting on again, so I just winged it and joined the yarn back in. No progress photos because they just aren't that exciting, but this promises to be a quick knit.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

thanks for linking the lasagna soup! that looks delicious....i too will be leaving out the sausage and add more veggies....can't wait to see the progress on your camisole tube!