Monday, March 12, 2007

Moving Right Along

My camisole tube is really shaping up quickly--especially since I stopped making silly mistakes. I am just about to start the lower ribbing. I will probably add one more pattern repeat first though... I'm still undecided.

This is a somewhat distorted photo, but it's difficult to photograph yourself! I have a tripod somewhere that I'll have to dig up. Can you make out the four rows of bobbles? Each bobble row also has a row of yarnovers in between.

The yarn is a real el-cheapo variety. I purchased this as a kit, and I probably wouldn't have picked it out myself. I've been pleasantly surprised with it though--it's a cotton blend with a slight gloss and isn't too hard on the hands. Even though the top part of this was ripped twice, the yarn isn't showing any wear or pilling.

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous, so we were out a lot this weekend. I saw two women knitting in public yesterday. The first on was with a friend at a local bar, and the second was part of a wacky, older hippie couple we saw at a coffee house. She only knit a few rows before they stood up and began hugging and kissing over their table. It was quite the scene. You've got to love San Francisco!

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

ha...i am cracking up over those two ladies....i lived in san fran for a while and do miss it! your camisole tube is really coming along....can't wait to see it finished!