Thursday, April 12, 2007

Elfish Feet?

My footies are complete!

Pattern: Cable Footies from One Skein by Leigh Radford
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted
Needles: US6 DPNs

I loved everything about this project - from the beautiful, soft yarn to the simple cable pattern. They were so quick to knit that second sock syndrome was never really an issue. Perfect for my chilly apartment!

The one thing I was unsure of was the kitchener stitch. I remember feeling this way after my first pair of socks was complete as well. Does anyone know of a good tutorial or book I could refer to in the future?

The toes turned out very pointy. They fit me well though, so I guess that is the shape of my foot. The footies stand up on their own, and I think they look like wacky elf shoes when they're not on. Very cute!

7 comments:

Woolfairy said...

I knit a hat for my DS from this very yarn and colorway and I loved it. I have the same colorway in the sock yarn and I don't like it nearly as much. Your socks are beautiful!

amanda said...

So cute! Love the colors.

Stephanie said...

knittinghelp.com has a step by step tutorial that you can watch to learn the kitchener stitch.
I love thoes socks.

Macoco said...

Wow - those socks look great. The color is beautiful. It's funny how pointy they look when you have them off, but totally normal when you wear them. It looks like they fit perfectly.

magnusmog said...

these are beautiful - I think they look like sophisticated shoes on their own :)

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Now those are just too cute, get out! with the pointy toes!

Lolly said...

These are SO cute! I love the colors :)