What I learned: I have an obscene amount of needles (only a very small portion is pictured). Many are duplicates of the same size. For instance, I could have six projects going on size 15 needles at one time. This does not seem very likely to ever happen, thankfully!
I have no plans to get rid of any of any needles--at least at this point. They have sentimental value, and of course, it's nice to be able to start most projects without having to purchase needles. The only times I need to buy needles are occasionally for circular and smaller size DPNs. The straights are definitely covered!
I've also been going through my yarn to pick out projects for Project Spectrum: April/May. The colors are pink, green and yellow. I have absolutely no yellow, and I doubt that will change soon, but I do have some pink and green.
Berroco Cotton Twist (back left) - I started Glampyre's mini sweater with this, but I'm not sure if I have enough or if this is a good sweater for me. Shadyside Studio Wools hand colored raw silk (front skein) - I'm deciding between two scarf patterns for this. Suss Twisted - I have two skeins, but I'm not sure what to use it for. I made a tank out of this last summer, and I loved it.
Green/Pink Combo:
Trekking (XXL), pictured with vintage Majesty needles. Only 65 cents! This will most likely be used for the Rhodie Gus Socks pattern from Through the Loops.
Greens:
Mountain Colors Twizzle (ball) - intended for Dashing from Knitty. Misti Alpaca Lace for Swallowtail Shawl from the fall 2006 Knits magazine. I'm not sure if my skills are up for tackling this yet. Manos del Uruguay - 5 skeins for the Hot Lava Cardigan from Blue Alvarez Designs.
This should keep me busy for a while!
1 comment:
All of your yarn is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with the Misti Alpaca! I have some that I wanted to use for lace, but didn't have it in me at the time. I want to try again though.
Post a Comment