Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Little Bit of Progress

I've finished both sleeves on my Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug. This has been a simple and quick knit so far. I'd probably be close to finishing, but I needed to buy needles for the body ribbing.


I'm having a difficult time capturing the true colors of this yarn. The darker shade is a deep plum color. The body is a heathered purple with lots of blue. I'm really happy with the colors I chose--I don't wear much purple, but this will be nice for a change.

I've also made a little progress on one of the sleeves for my Hourglass Sweater. It is currently about elbow length. I'm having a really hard time getting into knitting on this sweater, but I do want to finish it soon. Part of the problem is that my gauge is off. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I cast on, but it should still fit. The sweater will just be a little more relaxed than I had originally planned.

In non-knitting news, I finally landed a job after living in San Francisco for two months. I'm really excited about it, and I'm sure my husband is, too! Hopefully, this doesn't cut into my knitting time too much, but at the very least, I will be able to afford lots of new yarn!

3 comments:

amanda said...

Congrats on the job!

The shrug is looking good. It's on my to-knit list too.

Macoco said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's great news.

I can't wait to see the shrug finished and your progress on the hourglass.

Sabrina Hirsch said...

LOVE the purples! and congrats on your new job, that is very exciting, good for you!