Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Alpaca for the Holidays!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their families and friends!

My husband and I enjoyed a very quiet Christmas this year. Because we are traveling to the Midwest for my sister's wedding in a week and a half, we decided not to travel for Christmas. Instead, we spent Christmas Eve in a nice hotel downtown where we could relax and enjoy a great meal. Mmm... the food and wine were great, and we ended the meal with a delicious goat cheese cheesecake which has me curious to try this recipe.

Christmas day we headed back to our apartment, opened presents and relaxed. I received some great presents, including a new knitting book and a gift certificate to one of my favorite local yarn stores. We also enjoyed another great meal--if I do say so myself!--mexican lasagna, cauliflower-chili gratin and chipotle-cheddar mashed potatoes. Yum! I enjoyed that for lunch today, as well.

Before we left the hotel, Joel took some pictures of my new scarf...


Pattern: Waterfall Scarf by Linda O'Leary ( from the book 101 Designer One-skein Wonders)
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Baby Alpaca Hand Dyed

While I can't say that this scarf was particularly enthralling to knit, I am very happy with the end result. I love this yarn--so soft and the colors are beautiful. I've used the bulky non-hand dyed version before, and I know that I'll use it again. As a matter of fact, I already have the lace-weight version set aside for a swallowtail shawl.


The scarf ended up being fairly long, but I wanted to use up all the yarn. Perfect for wrapping up in! I'm perpetually cold here, so it will get a lot of use.

I should have another FO soon, if I ever attach those buttons on Buttony. I guess I just need to buckle down and do it!

5 comments:

amanda said...

Glad you had such a nice Christmas! The scarf is nice - I really like that pattern. Sew those buttons - I'm anxious to see Buttony!!!!

Macoco said...

That sounds like the perfect Christmas to me! Very relaxing.

Beatriz said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you...what a beautiful scarf! And I'm getting hungry after reading about your wonderful meal...mexican lasagna, mmm.

Unknown said...

Beautiful scarf! how did you bind off that scarf?

Anonymous said...

The kid is just not into color, type or perhaps brand... he's about [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#633]north face denali jacket[/URL] plain as unlined paper, therefore I'm guessing he'll keep with his favorite High Sierra wheeled backpack for next year.Very last but [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#744]north face denali[/URL] least will be the niece who lives around.