Saturday we went to Hollywood and checked out the stars on the Walk of Fame. We also had a lot of fun at Graumans's Chinese Theatre.
It was really interesting seeing the size of some of the stars hands and feet. Some of the women's were absolutely tiny--they must have been very petite!
We also checked out the men. John Wayne had tiny feet...

But Sidney Poitier's are huge...

From there we headed up to Mulholland Drive for some beautiful views of the city. It was clear and cool--very lovely weather. You can see a little of the hazy smog the city is famous for in this photo.

One of the coolest things we did was attend an Academy screening for the movie Juno (very good--go see it!). Apparently, Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon showed up to a screening the week before, so we were hoping to see some celebrities. Alas, all we saw were aging Academy members who looked like they last worked in the industry about 20 years ago--but it was still fun.
We also really enjoyed The Farmer's Market, which was across the street from our hotel. It had lots of food stalls and even live music. We spent Saturday night there and went back for breakfast! It's definitely worth a visit if you're in LA.
It really was a packed weekend. We also tried the frozen yogurt at Pinkberry--yum!--and drove around Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Malibu, Santa Monica and Venice Beach. I attempted, but failed to make it to any yarn stores though:) All in all a very fun trip, and I really liked LA-- I wasn't sure I would!
The whole time I was there certain songs kept popping into my head, including one my husband had written and performed with his sister when he was nine. They even made a taped recording which my mother-in-law still has a copy of! Some of the lyrics:
"Rockers! Knockers! LA! LA! Food Nutritionists? LA! LA! That's LA for ya! LA! LA!"

5 comments:
What a fantastic trip! I've never visited LA, but have wanted to for some time. I can't wait to see the finished scarf, that color is nice.
FUN! Thanks for sharing your adventure!
Thanks, Ginnie, now I will have that song in my head, too! It looks like you had fun. I love the pics of Aidan, too. He still loves his little bag and the birdie of course. Have a very merry Christmas! Love, Erin
Looks like a fun trip. We were in LA earlier this year - you were right around the corner from Black Sheep Knittery in Hollywood. That was the best part of LA for me :)
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment