Tuesday, February 12, 2008

FO: Evangeline Mitts

My mitts are finished!


Pattern: Evangeline from Magknits
Yarn: Misti Alpaca 100% Baby Alpaca Hand Dyed

Apart from a difficult beginning, these mitts were a very quick knit. I finished them in just three evenings. I'm so glad that I went with the Misti Alpaca--it is so soft and the colors are very nice. No pooling!


The cable pattern is actually quite simple to work. It shows up well, although the photos are a little dark. If I were to make these again, I think I would add one more cable repeat to make them a little longer, or maybe even go all out for the full length version. My only mod was to add a few extra rows ribbing on the bottom--they were just a little too short.


The best part is that I have enough leftover yarn for a pair for myself!

4 comments:

Macoco said...

Oh I love it when you get two projects for the price of one! The mitts look really great.

a friend to knit with said...

they look great.
i do agree with the length. one repeat makes the world of difference. yours will be perfect! :)
love that yarn.

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Hey, nice mitts! They look even to me.

amanda said...

cute mitts! These are in my queue....