Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Progress on Joy

I'm happy to say that I've finished the back of Joy. It actually went pretty quickly--a little over a week.


It looks slightly deformed here, but I promise that it's not. The pattern has lots of waist shaping, which is nice. I really hope that it fits.


I'm really enjoying the pattern that is formed by all those purl bumps--sort of a zig-zag. Watching the pattern emerge has really kept my interest in this so far. Hopefully, I can keep up the momentum. I'm going to work on one of the front pieces next.

I also need to pick up my socks again, which I haven't worked on since mid-March. They need to be finished a pair by the end of April for the Sock a Month KAL.

Quite a few people in this group knit multiple pairs of socks every month. I am not that fast or dedicated, however. It has been a great KAL though. I love seeing the different patterns and getting ideas. My Ravelry queue/favorites has definitely grown because of it!

7 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

oh joy!!!! that looks fabulous!
i am sure it will fit. i always find that blocking ensures a fit! :)

Denise said...

That's coming along nicely. I have socks I need to get to for a birthday gift, but I have until June, so I keep putting off!

Beatriz said...

I will have to remember to add some citrus in my next vinaigrette. Thanks for the tip.

Macoco said...

Joy looks beautiful, I love how much waist shaping it has!

amanda said...

Joy is looking wonderful! I think this is going to turn out great for you :)

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Totally Joyful! That is coming along so well! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Philigry said...

beautiful! i love the color!