He knows I love flowers, and often brings home a bouquet at the end of the week. Very sweet!
We had a heat wave in San Francisco this weekend, especially Saturday. The temperature climbed into the 70s which, if you are used to 50s and 60s all the time, can feel very hot. It can seem like the whole city is outdoors when it gets that warm here, because as we joked all weekend, it only happens about five times a year. That's actually not far from the truth though!
Our apartment felt like an oven, so we grabbed a blanket, my ipod and some wine and headed to the park for some shade and a lazy afternoon. I also brought along Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan, which hasn't seen any action in quite some time.
I made lots of progress on it Saturday, and by Sunday evening I had finished the body.
Unfortunately, after all that knitting, I'm worried that it's not going to be very flattering on me. For one thing it's a little boxy, which could be OK, but it's also cropped. That's usually not a good combination for me.
I don't have enough yarn to add extra length without shortening the sleeves quite a bit. So I'm feeling a little stuck at this point. I also hate to go through all the effort of knitting the sleeves, and end up not liking the cardigan. That seems like a major waste of time.
One thing that did turn out well is the hem.
Instead of binding off and sewing it up later (as the pattern suggests), I knit the hem up as I went. This took forever, but I love the way it looks. Definitely much neater than my sewing would have looked. Now I just need to figure out what to do about the rest of the sweater.
6 comments:
Oh, that hem is beautiful! Sorry, I don't really understand how you did it...could you explain a little more :-D If you don't mind. I would love a hem like that on my next sweater...(Although I doubt that mine would be as tidy :-)
I think it looks really nice, and I love the color. What if you ripped back the body and added some shaping so it's not so boxy? Good luck deciding what to do!
Very nice job with the hem indeed!
What great, festive photos! Good Hubby for the flowers! And the not so shrunken cardi is looking awesome!
That hem looks fabulous, and I love the colour. Maybe you could do short sleeves, or 3/4 sleeves instead?
I am very interested in trying this type of hem. This is a great hem...the benefit of a little patience and impeccable work.
Post a Comment