Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Something Sweet

Happy Valentines Day!

This afternoon I spent some time driving around San Francisco, and I discovered a few things. My original plan was to pick up a magazine, eat lunch at the mall and then come home, but I took a detour on the route home.

I ended up driving along the beach on the road Joel and I have been wondering how to get onto. It was beautiful. The road takes a steep curve by the Cliff House, and another amazing view appears. As I drove around the block to turn around, I pulled over and got out. As I walked down a trail, I noticed another road leading to an overlook. So I got back in the car. This road led to an amazing view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

It was windy and cold, and being the wimpy girl that I am, I did not take any of the trails which I'm sure would have led to an even better view. I think that will be more fun when I can go with Joel anyway.

I also got to enjoy the sunset from our living room window. The view from our apartment is fairly good, and includes a small bit of the Pacific on the clear day, the trees of Golden Gate Park, the Richmond and Presidio neighborhoods, and a number of backyards. I particularly enjoy checking out our neighbors' backyards.

Last Sunday one neighbor hung out two pairs of ladies briefs to dry on coat hangers. It was an amusing sight. Personally, I prefer to dry that sort of thing indoors, but to each his own. I also wondered why there were only two pairs.

Finally, here is a picture of my finished cardigan. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I had to chop off my head due to an unfortunate facial expression.

Pattern: Sunkist Cardi from Through the Loops!
Yarn: Auracania Nature Cotton

Mods: I stopped the raglan increases and inch or two short of the pattern directions. I also added button holes, a first for me!

This was a really fun and quick sweater to knit. The best thing about top down sweaters is that there is very little finishing to do except weave in a few ends. I also found out the reason it is usually recommended that you alternate skeins of hand-dyed yarn every few rows! You can definitely tell on the body of the sweater where I switched skeins, but I'm ok with that. I did alternate on the sleeves though, since the effect probably wouldn't have been as nice there.

No comments: