What Cheer, Iowa
As expected, the ride through Iowa and Nebraska was a little dull. That was the only time I got any knitting done. I finished half of a scarf for Project Spectrum, and finished most of the body of my Sunkist Cardi. I had knit a good bit of this sweater before we embarked on our trip, and it seemed like a good car project. It was, until I noticed dark pink fuzz all over my coat--and I mean completely covering it. For the rest of the day, I was totally embarrassed to leave the car. Thankfully, I was able to pick up a lint roller that night. Needless to say, that was the last time I picked it up on the trip. I finished the sweater this morning, and I'm hoping to post some finished pics soon.
Cowboy Country (Cheyenne, Wyoming)
The drive through Nebraska was windy, but nothing prepared us for Wyoming. When we arrived at the Motel 6 in Cheyenne Thursday night, it was well below zero and crazy windy. Some of the worst weather I've ever experienced. The next morning was not much better, although it was clear and sunny out. Cheyenne has a charming downtown and was much more cosmopolitan than expected. I enjoyed a chai latte and cherry scone for breakfast, and we had fun checking out the vintage motel signs before leaving town.
Joel braving the cold.
After leaving Cheyenne, the real fun began--for Joel that is. Even though the weather was clear, the wind was so strong that it was kicking up all the snow. At times the road was a complete white out. This continued for the majority of the drive through Wyoming. We kept seeing signs saying "I-80 Closed When Flashing", but the road was open for travel. We wondered how much worse it had to get before they closed the road. I'd hate to be there during a snow storm!
Crazy Wyoming weather!
Even though the weather was insane, Wyoming was beautiful. I didn't get any knitting done, because I didn't want to miss anything. I spent the rest of the trip taking an obscene amount of pictures. More to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment