So it has sat there, taunting me. Two days ago I decided I must finish it ASAP. Since I still did not have the required circular needle, I decided to use some DPNs and wing it. There were some dropped stitches here and there (the DPNs were too short, which is why I hadn't used them before), but once I got going I finished in no time.
After I weaved in about a million ends, it was done. The funny thing is that this would have been a really quick project if I hadn't set it aside. Sometimes it's the little things that hold you up though.
Yarn: GGH Savanna
Needles: US8 (the pattern called for 10.5!)
I'm very happy with how this turned out. The yarn (a blend of alpaca, linen, new wool and nylon) is soft and lofty, making for a lightweight but very warm sweater. Hopefully, we get a cold day here so I can actually wear it!
The one downfall is that it is too short. I do have a little yarn left, so I may try to remedy that. Most likely though, I will just wear it with a longer shirt underneath.
Here is a closeup of the cable rib pattern, all done without a cable needle. I love doing cables--they make
4 comments:
It is SO pretty! what a great yarn! I hope you are able to wear it often. It looks lovely on you ;)
Hi........just saw you over at flickr on lolly's project spectrum...Love Love LOve this sweater..........you did an awesome job!
Looks great! Now I really want to finish mine. I've also just realized that I only did 3 cables down the front instead of 4. Whoops...yours looks really really good!
Amazing job on those cables!! The color suits you so well.
Post a Comment